2017 Reading Stats:
Number Of Books You Read: 144
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary
Best in Books:
- Best Book You Read In 2017?(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2017 release vs. backlist)
- Human Acts gets top spot this year overall. Seriously the first book I think of for this question, every time.
- When Dimple Met Rishi for YA Contemporaries, which I read A LOT of this year.
- Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
- City of Saints & Thieves. It’s not bad, but not what was I expecting and, honestly, meh. 😐
- Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
- Still Life with Tornado. I still don’t know what’s going on with it. Not a fan.
- Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
- I don’t think I’ve gotten anyone to read a rec from me. 🙁
- Best series you started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?
- Favorite new author you discovered in 2017?
- Awww, what is with the hard questions?! 😩
- Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
- Excellent question! I didn’t read anything out of bounds or out of my comfort tho. 🤷
- Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
- Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
- None, I don’t like re-reading….
- Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman. It matches!!
- Most memorable character of 2017?
- Tea from The Bone Witch.
- Most beautifully written book read in 2017?
- Human Acts.
- Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?
- Human Acts.
- Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
- Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2017?
“Perfection is a feeling; you’ll know it if you’ve ever questioned the competency of your penmanship before writing on the first page of a new notebook.” ― Louise Gornall,
“Is it true that human beings are fundamentally cruel? Is the experience of cruelty the only thing we share as a species? Is the dignity that we cling to nothing but self-delusion, masking from ourselves the single truth: that each one of us is capable of being reduced to an insect, a ravening beast, a lump of meat? To be degraded, slaughtered – is this the essential of humankind, one which history has confirmed as inevitable?” ― Han Kang,
“It’s okay how some stories leave off without an ending. Life doesn’t always deliver the one you would expect.” ― Adam Silvera,
“She wears life like Elvis wore sequins, with no apology laced into the seams.” ― Ashley Poston,
- Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?
- SHORTEST BOOK: 11 pages. Agoraphobic: Inside Out by Sara Secora
- LONGEST BOOK: 640 pages. Killer Look by Linda Fairstein
- Book That Shocked You The Most (Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
- When Planets Fall. The ending. Still get a kick out of it when remembering XD
- OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) (OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
- Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
- Luca & Grace from How to Make a Wish are amazing best friends. She’s bi and he’s straight, but he’s not a dick and he’s there for her like a brother with her fucked up home life.
- Danny & Cassie from Timekeeper are runners up. s
- Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously:
- Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
- Shades of Darkness. Peer pressure as it was free to read on RivetedLit.com for an event: read pages and earn donations to a gay charity. So mad, because it wasn’t queer at all! ONE background token couple does not diversity make. Like you don’t have better, real options to promote? I’m still fucking pissed. Haven’t gone back to RivetedLit.com since.
- Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
- Uh, all my favorite people are paired up already, but Lincoln from Girl Out of Water is like perfection.
- Best 2017 debut you read?
- Girl Out of Water. Flawless. Fun. Funny. Teachable. Quotable.
- Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
- This one is easy: The Bone Witch.
- Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
- Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017?
- A Geekerella. Painful sobbing on this one.
- Hidden Gem Of The Year?
- The Untold Tale. Seriously amazing. Very smart. Balm for the under represented fantasy fan’s soul. But TRIGGER WARNING.
- Book That Crushed Your Soul?
- More Happy Than Not. Fucking Christ Silvera!! HOW DARE YOU?!?
- Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?
- Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
- S Santa Muerta. So much possibility, and I still enjoyed it despite how problematic it is. But that’s part of what pisses me off so much!
Your Blogging/Bookish Life:
- New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?
- Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?
- I don’t have one? I wouldn’t even know how to pick one….
- Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?a
- Not applicable 😭
- Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
- I haven’t done anything in meatspace, but I love doing all the tours and Twitter chats! I can’t really just pick one, they’re all so similar and awesome.
- Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?
- My new design coming together and going live! 😀
- Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
- Honestly? Just doing it. I’m working on getting the right mental health meds, my mother’s life is in a tail spin, I loathe my job that drains me dry. Getting anything done, let alone a hobby is nothing short of amazing for me.
- Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
- Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
- Any of the them, TBH…..
- Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
- Libby, an app I use to borrow from my library. Much easier to use and on the eyes. It finally got my daughter e-reading, after refusing to do for the longest time.
- Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
- I’m still working on that one! I know I failed my discussion challenge for sure though.
- One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2018?
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)?
- 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
- Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018?
- One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018?
- Have a discussion post that actually starts a discussion.
- A 2018 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):