Hello everybody! Happy Monday. 🙃 But at least there’s this amazing tour for Death by Dissertation to help ya’ll make it through the day.
This cozy follows a new faculty member from Hawaii at a college in NEBRASKA with several deaf students where one ends up murdered. There’s quite a lot going on here, so let’s dive on in.
About death by dissertation:
I received this book for free from Great Escape Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Title: Death by Dissertation
Author: Kelly Brakenhoff
Series: Cassandra Sato Mystery #1
Pub. Date: April 22, 2019
Publisher Emerald Prairie Press
Genres: Contemporary, Mystery
Goodreads Amazon|| B&N
Ambitious Cassandra Sato traded her life in Hawai'i for a dream position as Student Affairs VP at Morton College in tiny Carson, Nebraska. She expected the Midwestern church casseroles, land-locked cornfields, and face-freezing winters would be her biggest challenges, but it's her job that's rapidly becoming a nightmare.
A deaf student is dead and the investigation reveals a complicated trail of connections between campus food service, a local farmer's beef, and the science lab's cancer research. Together with her few allies, Cassandra must protect the students caught up in the entanglement.
Dealing with homesickness, vandalism, and a stalker, Cassandra is trapped in a public relations disaster that could cost her job, or more. No one said college was easy.
Get to know Cassandra and her new friends at Morton College.
Purchase Link – Amazon June 22 – 30 – Just $0.99!!
IMHO: death by dissertation
Death by Dissertation was so great!!! I love cozies but I’m always looking for something different that stands out. Death by Dissertation didn’t disappoint in any sense.
It was so easy to fall in sync with Cassandra. I loved all the little details of her day to day, her hectic schedule, and all the pressure she’s under. I do think she needs to loosen up a bit, but I think that’ll be great to watch her go from a tight bud to a full blossom.
- Love Cassandra
- So happy to have an ambitious woman doing her own thing, setting off on her own in such a big bold way
- Love finding out all the details about Hawaii’s culture
- The Culture Shock is real!
- BFFS <3
- Deaf interpreters & deaf students, not a gimmick but integral to the setting & story
- Appreciate the honest talk about miscarriage
- All the events on campus sounded amazing
- It is a very white area that Cassandra has to deal with & I think it’s handled well
- Cassandra’s parents are adorable, hope we see more of them. Maybe even go back to visit??
- The behind the scenes stuff about running a collage is so cool.
- Love how Cassandra’s so concerned about the students
- There are possible LIs down the line..
- Love Cassandra’s mishaps, kinda like a rom com in that way
- Figured out who’s behind it all along with Cassandra
- Stuck the landing.
- Quick & fun read.
- Can’t wait to continue the series
Perfect for cozy mystery fans, obviously, and those looking for something new in the genre especially. I think this is has great crossover appeal with fellow rom com & crime lovers too. It reminds me The Chronicle Mysteries on Hallmark .
If you don’t read cozies, you should start with this one! It’s a mystery, but light and down to Earth with amateursleuthing. It’s all about the people, relationships, and setting.
About the Author:
(5) Winner’s Choice – Print or Digital Death by Dissertation (Cassandra Sato) by Kelly Brakenhoff
The Layaway Dragon – REVIEW – June 17
Only By Grace Reviews – REVIEW – June 17 –
Babs Book Bistro – SPOTLIGHT, RECIPE – June 18 –
Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT – June 18 –
Island Confidential – REVIEW – June 19 –
The Pulp and Mystery Shelf – AUTHOR INTERVIEW – June 20 –
The Avid Reader – REVIEW – June 20 –
Book Club Librarian – REVIEW – June 21 –
That’s What She’s Reading – GUEST POST – June 21 –
Mallory Heart’s Cozies – REVIEW – June 22 –
MJB Reviewers – AUTHOR INTERVIEW – June 22 –
My Reading Journeys – REVIEW – June 23 –
StoreyBook Reviews – REVIEW – June 24 –
Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT – June 24 –
A Wytch’s Book Review Blog – REVIEW – June 25 –
Ascroft, eh? – AUTHOR INTERVIEW – June 25 –
Reading Is My SuperPower – REVIEW – June 26 –
Literary Gold – SPOTLIGHT – June 26 –
Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – REVIEW – June 27 –
I’m All About Books – GUEST POST – June 27 –
Baroness’ Book Trove – REVIEW – June 28 –
The Ninja Librarian – REVIEW, GUEST POST – June 29 –
Cozy Up With Kathy – AUTHOR INTERVIEW – June 30 –