Hello all ya’ll! I know, posting again so soon. October is PACKED with blog tour reviews. Today is all about shiny gay AF Crier’s War where a robot princess who wants to save humanity falls for the rebel assassin bent on killing her. Let’s get into it!
About crier’s war:
I received this book for free from Fantastic Flying Book Club in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Title: Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
Author: Nina Varela
Pub. Date: October 1, 2019
Goodreads Amazon|| B&N|| TBD|| iBooks|| Google Play
After the War of Kinds ravaged the kingdom of Rabu, the Automae, designed to be the playthings of royals, usurped their owners’ estates and bent the human race to their will.
Now Ayla, a human servant rising in the ranks at the House of the Sovereign, dreams of avenging her family’s death…by killing the sovereign’s daughter, Lady Crier.
Crier was Made to be beautiful, flawless, and to carry on her father’s legacy. But that was before her betrothal to the enigmatic Scyre Kinok, before she discovered her father isn’t the benevolent king she once admired, and most importantly, before she met Ayla.
Now, with growing human unrest across the land, pressures from a foreign queen, and an evil new leader on the rise, Crier and Ayla find there may be only one path to love: war.
IMHO: crier’s war
I’mma get the messy bit out of the way first. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around the time frame between automaes and human eras. I keep feeling like it should’ve taken longer for so many of them to be created and take over, but I will readily admit timescales are not my strong suit.
Other than that? OMFG YES!
- It does take a while to get going. But totally necessary.
- Even when it was slow, I was hooked on the characters + world
- Picks up once Ayla & Crier ~share a moment~ and the mystery of Yora’s heart starts building
- Def. gives me Katniss + Peeta relationship vibes
- Really want to know about the start of the automaes and their creator
- Love the historical passages between chapters. I’m such a sucker for this!
- There are moves revealed at the end that elevates the political intrigue
- Forget about the Iron Throne, the Automae Throne is way more hardcore
- Will be continuing the series. OBVS.
There are definitely gay feels all over the place, but there isn’t much physical action between them. So if you’re looking for a couple couple, then I’d go with Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst.